Monday, August 11, 2008

Being a dork


So, I had a random moment the other day, yes it is true. You see my family seldom can agree on a TV show to watch. One show that all five of us can tolerate is "California's Gold" which airs on Public Television. For those of you who haven't seen it, it is hosted by Huell Howser, a middle aged guy who goes around to various (and mainly very random) places throughout california, interviewing random people. Well on Thursday Marla one of my coworker's wives took me out to lunch for my birthday (it was a day early). We decided to head to oldtown Temecula. As we were parking we both noticed that there was a guy and a small camera crew walking down the street, talking to various people. All of sudden, it hit me, that was Huell Howser. Then the next thought hit me, "I have to get my picture with him." Which for me, is quite the thought, because I am not the stalker fan. I am not the one to always want an autograph or follow celebrarites. I realize that they are just normal people. I think one of my biggest reasonings was that my parents would never believe me otherwise. So, after walking by once just to make sure it was him, once he was on the move again, I asked him, he consented and quickly (he was in a hurry) I handed my iPhone to one of his crew and grabbed a picture.

So, it is official, I am dork, but somewhat proud of it!

2 comments:

Karly said...

that's so sad that your family wouldn't believe you. you did what you had to do!

Laura Springer said...

nice. I love Huell. No one else could do such a random show and have it be interesting.