Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Revelation

Today I was driving home from the OC.  I got to thinking about all of the pain and sorrow in our world.  I was listening to my music and being amazed at the great hills covered in wild mustard, which make them look neon yellow.  I was just thinking for some reason about how great it would be for Christ to come at that moment.  I began longing for the Revelation Christ.  The tattooed, sword yielding, horse riding Christ who would come and rid the world of this darkness called sin.  The darkness of death, the darkness of pain and sorrow.  I longed for the Christ to come.  For God to be with us yet again, but not as a donkey riding humble servant, but as the ruler of the world.  The conquerer of this darkness.  The verse came to mind, "The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom."  I fear that Christ.  I am in awe of him, with the trumpets and the bowls and the scrolls.  I want to be ready for that Jesus.  

1 comment:

Kendra said...

I totally felt that way yesterday Melissa. We had an AMAZING day as a family and during dinner I found myself thinking about what a great time it would be for Christ to return. Have I shared with enough people, NO...and I feel that Christ has SO much more He wants to teach me too. But at that moment of bliss, I truely felt ready for Him to return and just scoop up my entire family!!