Monday, November 17, 2008

Habakkuk

My church has been going through the book of Habakkuk. It is in interesting book and I have been enjoying the messages. This morning I decided to read the little book myself. Our pastor talks about Habakkuk and the dips that we go through. Those ups and downs in our spiritual lives. The crisis of faith that often accompanies that valley we walk through. He asked us to make a mark where we are on the graph. Are we still on the initial upswing of a newbeliever? Are we headed into the valley? At the very bottom? It was an interesting question to me. Then we talked about how to climb out of the valley. Habakkuk remembered who God was. That it is importanta to remember who God is and what he has done in the past when we are in the valleys. To remember the yesturdays so that we can live and trust Him for the tomorrows. I thought that was important, I began to think of the things that I can remember God for and that I need to do a better job of this. Then my prayer is to live out these final verses...
Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.

1 comment:

Laura Springer said...

I've gone through Habakkuk a few times--once at the birthing of the new ministry at TFB (Sanctify). It's powerful stuff.


Habakkuk splat