Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hoping to hope

In February it will be a year of trying to "live" in the Temecula valley. It has been a struggle to give up the everyday things of life in Orange county. My church, friends, cake night, watching Grey's Anatomy with my roomates, watching How I Met Your Mother with my brother, babysitting and hanging out with kids whenever I would want to (and sometimes more than I wanted too). There was the possibility of running into a kid that I loved. Levi at costco, ella and sophie at the movie theatre. I think that is what I miss the most. Anyway. Tonight I was able to be a part of a meeting at my new church. I have now brought up the amount of people who know me by name there to at least 6. I also have two facebook friends from the church. I figure it's a start. Beyond that I feel like I have a place there, which is very exciting for me. They are full of ideas, passion, and excitement. They are ready to run. I am excited to be a part or what is happening in their children's department. In other words, I am beginning to hope that as I get more involved, the Temecula valley will begin to feel even more like home.

No comments: