Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A great weekend

This past weekend I went with four friends up to Big Bear. We enjoyed a ton of snow and a day of snowboarding. I have to say that although my snow boarding skills are greatly improving, I am still not sure that I enjoy the activity. It seems like an awful lot of energy and soreness for something that seems a bit silly. Anyway, maybe next trip I will catch the enjoyment factor. Along with snowboarding, we also enjoyed some great time in the snow in the front yard, sledding at the end of the street, playing wii, finishing a great puzzle (one of my favorite activities), and playing numerous other games. Thank
s to my friends for the pics (I didn't bring my camera...)

Chains Required...

Sledding!


Pic on the top of the mountain, before we boarded down


Icicles at the cabin


Great view from the side of the road


2 comments:

Laura Springer said...

I'm up at Arrowhead until Saturday, 1/3. We had about 3 feet of snow here, so it must have been amazing in Big Bear.

Personally, I've not done any snow play activities (it's that energy:enjoyment ratio), but I did slide down the stairs--by accident--and bruised my bum.

Gotta love the mountains!

Kendra said...

Looks like a great weekend. We missed you on Sunday, I actually think that the helpers in that room were bummed to have me in there *LOL* I've never gotten to that point of enjoying snowboarding yet...but I've only been a few times :o)