Friday, December 12, 2008

This makes me sad...

I had heard about Ray Botz coming out. Being one of the worst people I know when it comes to remembering music artist's names, I had no idea who this was. I just read an article though, inspired by this event, which truly resonated with me. In my own struggles of trying to figure out what it really looks like to love and support those who are struggling, this article hit home. It goes back to that one question that continues to intrigue me when it comes to churches, asked by a man who may never go back to full time church ministry. "What sins do you fire for?" This is a great question for all church leaders and those who work for them to grapple with. I believe it shows a great picture of their hiarchy of sin, as well as their stand on true repentance as well as their compassion towards their fellow believers. Enjoy the following article and pray with me that we will learn how to be a church (both on the local and global levels) that will provide a place for those who are struggling to be real. Ray Bolt's Hunger for Community.

No comments: