Saturday, September 27, 2008

The friends are back





I had a great night last night catching up with old friends. You see wednesday and thursday evenings I house sat, which means that all of the shows from late monday night on (since I was at Bible study on tuesday) I watched last night. It was a great night. Boston Legal, Greys, Ugly Betty and The Offfice. Not only do I enjoy their stories, but I enjoy the memories of watching them with old friends. Countless cake nights, times spent with various roomates, trying to will parents to pick up children faster to get home to catch the beginning of something or other. The great conversations in the office the day after various shows, the way various catch phrases become legon wait for it dary. Yes, you see TV isn't just about those we watch, it is also about who we watch it with.


What is the first series you remember really loving? For me it was Doogie Houser - I watched it with my mom - in the first few years of the show we really loved it. Alright, let me know!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Don't laugh, but the first thing that comes to mind is "Murder She Wrote." I remember watching it with my parents on Sunday nights and we'd always try to guess who done it - my mom was always right. I also loved all the TGIF shows and "Saved By The Bell" when I was growing up. But, the first show that really had me hooked was "Friends." I, too, have memories of watching that show with friends - it made it that much more special. Now, my faves are "Lost" and "The Office." Yay for Jim and Pam!!

Karly said...

Full House, all the way!